Friday, June 3, 2011

Quick Film Reviews

I've tried to distract myself with with my old reliable solution: sitting in the dark, watching movies on the big screen.

Here are my quick takes on the films I've seen:

  • BRIDESMAIDS: funny, sweet, and pretty solid in the fact that writers understand that comedies are funnier when the characters aren't cardboards but fleshed out and relatable. B+
  • PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN: ON STRANGER TIDES: complete waste of time.  Whatever little excitment was left in this series, this movie killed it. D
  • KUNG FU PANDA II: losing some of the novelty of the first one, and not as solid, yet still fun to watch, even as you realized the story was a bit too close to "Legend of the Seeker" but with the brilliant Gary Oldman voicing the craziest, evil-est peacock ever, you sort of forgive the shortcomings. Part III better deliver. B
  • PRIEST: though completely disposable, it actually had some entertaining bits, that kept you interested. If only I could say the same thing about PIRATES. C+
  • THE HANGOVER II: completely unfunny. I may have laughed once, chuckle another time, but this was the most vile cashed-in, waste of time I've sat through in a while. Frame by frame the same movie and nothing about it is funny or outrageous. F

No comments:

Post a Comment