Saturday, August 13, 2011

Movies Review Round-Up

I've seen a few pics in the last couple of weeks and this is my brief thoughts on them:

THE HELP: it isn't history, it's a work of fiction, so I don't know why so many people are hating on it. For what it is, it's a very well acted film, poignant, heartfelt, and enjoyable. Grade: A.

RISE OF THE PLANET OF THE APES: I can't remember the old ones, I think I've only seen the original as a child, and the Marky Mark one, I erased it off my memory. This one is pretty good for a summer movie trying to be a bit more food for thought than your usual fare, and everyone is pretty solid, including Draco Malfoy!  Andy Serkis, once again, makes motion capture tech amazingly vivid and convincing. Grade: B+

COWBOYS & ALIENS: a total rental. It should have been more fun than serious. Grade: C.

THE GUARD: a bit random, off kilter, but typically quirky from ireland, funny, though not as much as I was expecting, but overall, enjoyable. Grade: B

CRAZY, STUPID, LOVE: hands down, the romantic comedy of the year, and the best comedy of the summer. Yes, even better than BRIDESMAIDS. Grade: A.

CAPTAIN AMERICA: Pretty solid, and actually center around it's namesake unlike the disappointment that was THOR. Chris Evans does himself proud. Grade: B

No comments:

Post a Comment